Gerbing Battery Harness
(Will fit on most 12v vehicle batteries):
- Start by laying battery harness on table.
- Choose the correct fuse from the ones supplied relevant to the heated clothing product selected. ALWAYS Use the lowest rated fuse that is rated ABOVE your total calculated current
draw. (please refer to fuse choice instructions/table supplied with battery harness
- Connect the battery harness to your vehicles battery. The red lead goes to positive terminal and the black lead goes to the negative terminal, then route the harness through frame (with the rubber cover fitted on the coax plug to prevent grounding). As all Gerbing jacket connections are on left hand side, the coax plug ideally needs to be routed to the left side of the vehicle. Zip tie the loose cable in place to prevent it catching on any moving parts.
- You can now connect your Gerbing kit directly into the battery harness. Always plug in your kit when the vehicle is running.
- Always replace the protective cap on the battery harness when not in use to prevent water ingress
In order to accommodate your individual preference for heating comfort, Gerbing strongly recommends using our temperature controllers with any heated clothing purchase.
Optional BMW/HELLA plug.
Gerbing can also plug into any 12v outlet on your bike, ATV, etc. using the BMW/Hella accessory plug. If your vehicle has a CanBus system installed, we recommend using a battery harness to bypass the CanBus system.
- Decide which size your 12v outlet is. Most are either Hella sockets or the standard Cigarette lighter socket.
- For cigarette type sockets leave the red cap on.
- For Hella type sockets (BMW, Triumph, Ducati etc) turn the red cap 45º and pull off. The plug will now fit.
- Make sure you have the correct fuse fitted for the Gerbing kit you are using.
- Making sure your vehicle is running, first connect your heated clothing into the adapter and then plug into the socket.